Stephen Ministry at FCC
Our Stephen Ministry equips and empowers lay people as caregivers to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community with high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting.
You will find more information and helpful videos, personal testimonies and much more at the Stephen Ministry Saint Louis Web site.
A Stephen Leader is:
- Stephen Leaders receive 50 hours of training at a one-week Leadership Training Conference.
- Stephen Leaders are the ones who oversee and direct our Stephen Ministry.
- Stephen Leaders recruit, select, train, supervise and facilitate continuing education for Stephen Ministers.
A Stephen Minister is:
- A congregation member trained by Stephen Leaders within the congregation.
- A skilled lay person who receives 50 hours of high-quality instruction, using Stephen Ministry Training material from Stephen Ministries in Saint Louis.
- A faith-filled Christian who is compassionate, listens and empathizes with people going through difficult times.
- A person who usually meets one on one with a person once a week for about an hour maintaining strict confidentiality.
- A person who provides Christian Encouragement, Prayer, Compassion, Trust, Spiritual Support, Empathy, and more.
A Stephen Minister is not:
- A Counselor, therapist, problem solver, or casual friend.
A Stephen Minister is ready to provide emotional and spiritual care needed when a person faces a crisis or difficulty such as:
Grief Hospitalization Job loss or unemployment
Loneliness Spiritual Crisis Disability
Divorce Relocation Aging
Bereavement Accident Recovery Terminal or chronic illness
A Stephen Minister is a Care Giver ------ God is the Cure Giver!
As Stephen Ministers we are called to, “Carry each other’s burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
Through Stephen Ministry our Congregation receives a practical and powerful way to respond to Christ’s commandment “Love one another---as I have loved you.” (John13:34)
For more information about Stephen Ministry, contact our Stephen Leaders, Crys Frederick or Chuck Paradis, through the Church Office at 603 642-7256.